- One First-Prize winner will receive a $500 prize and have their piece premiered by DSQ in recital at Carnegie Hall, November 2014.
- Five Honorable Mentions will have their pieces premiered by DSQ in an all world-premiere recital at Kerrytown Concert House, December 2014. All winning pieces will be recorded live and added to DSQ's repertoire for the 2014-2015 season.
- To apply, you must be a currently enrolled music student in the United States, Undergraduate through Doctoral are all encouraged to apply. If you are graduating this year before the deadline, you are still eligible. Composers who were born outside the country or are not US citizens are invited to apply as long as they meet the above university enrollment requirements.
- Pieces should be SATB and be between 8-12 minutes. Works outside this range will be considered, however this is the ideal timing due to programming considerations.
- Pieces must be unpremiered new works for saxophone quartet. Previously performed works will not be considered.
- There is no application fee for the competition.
- To apply, send a Brief Bio, Resume, as well as the Score and Parts in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions must be received by August 1st, 2014 to be considered. Winning pieces will be announced on September 1st, 2014
- Any questions regarding specifics, technical questions, saxophone questions, or eligibility should be sent to DanGraser@gmail.com. Interested composers are encouraged to listen and view our recordings on this page as well as our Youtube Channel - DSQuartet, and our videos on the Concert Artists Guild Channel as well. All quartet members are fluent with all extended techniques but should you have any specific questions feel free to ask!
Congratulations To Our 2013 Winners: